We will list in this article all mistakes that led to the suspension of my Amazon seller account, so you don’t have to go through the same ordeal.
I used to work in customer service for T-Mobile. I really hated my job so I started to research on how to start my own e-commerce business.
I came across AliExress and discovered that many items, especially all kinds of accessories e.g. iPhone charging cables, USB Hubs, phone covers etc were selling around 60-80% cheaper there than on the Amazon US marketplace.
I was new to selling Amazon and was not aware how easy it is to get banned.
My biggest that led to my Amazon seller account getting suspended:
- Poor performance: I always took customer service serious but I would only refund payments if it was my mistake. Always refund payments to clients right away in order to avoid any negative feedbacks.
- Manage customer expectations: I had many complaints because shipping times from China to the US can be extremely long (Up to 4-5 weeks). Always state longer shipping times in the product description than it usually takes for the goods to arrive. If buyers get their items faster than there expected they will always leave positive feedback.
- IP violations: Check if your items are in violations of some intellectual property rights. IP valuations are one of the most common reasons for Amazon sellers getting their selling privileges removed.
- Inauthentic Items: If you sell branded goods on Amazon ensure you have invoices on hand in case Amazon suspects you are selling fake goods. Invoices have to be in your name or company name.
- Multiple accounts: Don’t log into your Amazon account from any public computer or friends computer. If this computer has been ever used by someone who got banned from Amazon in the past, there is a high chance Amazon will suspend your account as well. If your Amazon account has been banned for having’Multiple accounts’ it is very difficult to prove to Amazon that those accounts are not linked.
- High risk accounts: When you start selling on Amazon don’t grow your business to fast by adding too many new items or creating too many new ASIN’s. Your Amazon account will be flagged for being high risked, your account will get extensively reviewed for any minor policy violations. Most accounts don’t get reinstated, Amazon always seems to find some violation.
- Incorrect Product description: Never claim anything in the description, which is exaggerated or not 100% accurate. Mistakes can easily happen by copying and pasting the same description for similar products.
Amazon usually suspends sellers for life. There are two options to get back selling on Amazon, you can try to get your old account reinstated by using a reputable appeal company such as BizzExpert or open a new Amazon account by using the Beat Amazon Suspension guide.
If you have been banned from selling on Amazon, leave a comment below and share your story with us.